Caring for your complexion can help your skin look its best, but it’s not always easy to know why products to use or what your skin care routine should entail. A dermatology professional can help by determining your skin type, recommending specific products, and developing an individualized skin care routine tailored to your skin’s needs. Dr. James Ralston, the board certified dermatologist at Dermatology Center of McKinney in McKinney, TX, provides complexion care treatments and services to help your skin look its best.
Caring for your complexion involves identifying your skin type. Understanding the type of skin you have will make it easier to select skin care products that are best suited to your skin and its unique needs. Common skin types include:
- Normal Skin — Small pores, few imperfections, glowing complexion, and minimal sensitivity, if any.
- Sensitive Skin — Easily irritated with areas of dryness, redness, itching, or burning.
- Oily Skin — Oily all over, shiny complexion, large pores, easily breaks out with frequent pimples, blackheads, and other blemishes.
- Dry Skin — Dry spots, red patches, small pores, lines are more visible, complexion is often dull and rough, and skin is less elastic.
- Combination Skin — Oily T-zone with dry patches in other areas (such as the cheeks), shiny skin, blackheads in some areas, and large pores.
Skin Care Services
Many skin care treatments and services are available to help your skin look its best. Our experienced dermatology team can recommend specific services and treatments to help you achieve the results you desire. Some of the treatments are services we offer for complexion care at our McKinney, TX, dermatology center include:
- Acne treatment and prevention
- Nonsurgical wrinkle treatments (e.g., Botox or fillers)
- Treatment of psoriasis, rosacea, eczema, and rashes
- Alpha hydroxy acid treatment
- Anti-aging skin care
- Chemical peels
- Laser hair removal
- Tattoo removal
In addition to helping clients care for their complexions, we also offer many other types of dermatology services and treatments. Other available services include consultations for hair loss and thinning hair; treatment of both pediatric and elderly skin issues; and skin cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment.
Understanding your skin type is one of the first steps in complexion care. Our dermatology professionals can determine your skin type, recommend specific products suited to your skin, and develop an individualized skincare routine for you. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Ralston to discuss your complexion care needs by calling the Dermatology Center of McKinney in McKinney, TX, at (972) 548-0333.